The house is situated right next door to The Maa Trust a community based conservation trust which offers guests and volunteers a chance to support the livelihoods of the local Maasai through a range of successful enterprise.
The trust supports the creation of businesses and implementation of key conservation initiatives (for example rain water harvesting); education scholarships and numerous training initiatives.
Maa Trust Partner Organizations and volunteers for the trust receive a discounted rate.
Our Guest House - What you need to Know
- The nearest airstrip is Olare Orok – airport transfers are free of charge.
- All meals are prepared by our chef. If you have any specific dietry requirements please let us know before your stay.
- Teas and coffee is included
- Drinking water is provided in your rooms – please do not drink the water out of the taps.
- Housekeeping is available, should you need any laundry done please let us know.
Everything is hand washed.
- Each bedroom has a mosquito net and bug spray to make your sleep as peaceful and bite free as possible.
- The house is run on solar power, but we have a back up generator.
- We have flushing toilets and hot water showers.
- We understand the need to stay connected and therefore have wifi.
- We are situated on privately owned land within an electric fence.
- Enjoy a campfire in the evening beneath a starry sky.
- Numerous species of animal and and birdlife can be seen from the property.
- We have bird books and a pair of binoculars on hand .
- Guests can not enter the conservancy. Game drives can be taken into the massai mara which is close by.
- If you are coming on business we realize you will have meetings offsite we can provide you with packed lunches.